Friday, November 2, 2012

On writing Haikus...

It was just a year ago I read few Haiku's authored by good friend and amazing poet - Shyam Sunder Sharma who lives in Delhi, India. And then after reading I could hardly make out what the author wanted to convey through three lines and countable words with a picture in the background. It took me couple of months to understand what an "Haiku" meant. I then quickly realized that "Haiku" is a Japanese form of poetry which has three lines and seventeen syllables written as 5-7-5 format.

Soon after that I thought of writing a "Haiku". I don't know if I succeeded at all and failed miserably, but the idea of expressing in few words and that too powerfully was quite convincing for me.

The journey continued and I authored around 75 odd "Haiku" poetry in one year with various thoughts and imagery. And recently was able to publish my own book entitled "Maiden Musings" - Vol 1 on 'Createspace' - An Amazon Company. Book is available for purchase on Createspace and Amazon both. Click https://www.createspace.com/4039787 to reach there.

"Maiden Musings" includes thirty "Haiku" poetry written over a period of one year. Fifteen Haikus include pictures and other fifteen create an image on reading them.

Very soon I plan to launch Vol 2 of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment