Sunday, February 9, 2014

Child Labor



Here's a rhyming poetry I have written for my daughter, which she will recite at her school this month end. I was supposed to write it months back, but hardly had time to do so. Now that I am done, she is glad and ready to recite it. 

The topic (Child Labor) is painful and it is more painful, when nothing is done to mitigate it; despite knowing there are laws against it. Not only everyone (those expressing false empathy toward poor) know how to break the rules; they also know, how to force the law and lawmen to kneel down, with their might.


Children are God’s gift they say,
why are they treated in a bad way.

Some are born in rich homes,
and many in broken domes.

Rich are told, not to work,
why are poor forced to work.

They wish to read and write,
but work day and night.

Their hands bruise and feet swell,
who cares to see, they are not well.

They watch the rich enjoy,
with rags and scrub as their toy.

Child Labor is a crime they say,
but who cares, it is just a claim, anyway. 


Request you to share your views and if possible share this with your friends and family. Note that, I am not trying to promote my work. It is just that, I can't bear seeing a 'Child' slogging for want of money and or food.

No comments:

Post a Comment