Sunday, May 5, 2013

Once upon a time...



On a hot afternoon, couple of days ago, my daughter - Chinmayee and I had a small chat, which reminded me, I've and can write stories for children. I was pleased with her sharp memory, compared to what I have. Here's the conversation, which choked my throat and silently told me, I need to get back to writing for children apart from poetry.

Chinmayee: Come on, Dad, tell me a good story.
Me: I don’t know how to, Dear Child.
She: I know you can.
Me: I am a dumb poet, so how can I tell one.
She: Why do you say so? I remember the one about a parrot flying freely.
Me: Ah! Okay. Listen. "Once upon a time...

Morals help us lead and retain a positive outlook toward life. Children are the ambassadors for a beautiful world; for themselves and others as well. Pleasure sharing link to a short story book for children, published last December http://www.blurb.com/b/3941840-once-upon-a-time


No comments:

Post a Comment