Thursday, May 30, 2013

Reading completes Writing.



To be very honest, I haven’t read much of books, except the books authored by friends online and few, which are passed on to me, by my Father. I wasn’t much of a reader. It all started a few years ago and I started to get a hang of reading and loved it. I do not go deep into the genre of the work, but just keep on reading, which enables me to co-relate with the author, closely.

It would make one, wonder – How can a non-reader become a writer? This question makes me wonder too. It all started with a humble poetry, which I wrote three years ago and then, there was no looking back. All I can say is, only reading gave me that extra boost to express in different ways.

Being a poet, I never thought, I could write a love tale, (a novella in two short stories). I don’t know from where they came and struck me. I just kept on scribbling and it turned out to be a love story with a mix of negatives and positives.

I am aware, that a novel needs to have certain number of words, like 10k or more. My love story “Love Connection” has just 3K words. 

Sigh! So less. 

I wonder anyone would like to read it. But, I am glad, that I could at-least reach that many words. All the credit goes to reading. Reading completes writing. Am grateful to all author friends.

Am happy to share an excerpt from “Love Connection” and a link to it.

            “Daniel is 24, a graduate in commerce and he works as an officer with a high profile bank. It’s been almost four years he’s been sweating out day in and day out for his career to grow. He likes his job although he isn’t comfortable with the monotonous work of the bank. Since, he was a salesman for his previous organizations.” 

            “During his peak as a salesman, he fell in love with a fellow colleague, “Jenny”. Jenny was a smart and a beautiful young girl. She lived quite close to Dan’s house. She was a child to a single parent. She had lost her father a few years ago. She used to work in the Direct Marketing division of Dan’s company. Both of them interacted while on duty.”

              “ Jenny, was quite impressed with Dan’s personality, his style of working, the way he talked, the rapport he used to build with one and all, we can say she was impressed with almost everything; while, Dan liked her simplicity, beauty, and her humble nature. They never knew, when and how they fell in love with each other.

            Each others presence made them cheerful and absence turned them gloomy. Days, weeks, months passed and their love grew stronger. Their love was selfless, pure, and strong.

            It was love his for Jenny, which landed him to build a career in banking. Love makes things work. He sacrificed his selling career just for love. He had the ideology to give love first and receive it later.”


No comments:

Post a Comment